Conspiracies of a Lady: Cabaret - Tidestore Corset

June 01, 2014

I would have loved to wear this to a fair, or take photos on a merry-go-round. But the closest merry-go-round I know of is in Paris. And I did want to go, but since it's a holiday weekend, the train ticket prices were double. And since I don't agree with the monopole of the rail company, I went elsewhere. And my new corset top staid at home. But I did take some photos of it, as you can see! 

Now that coffer I was sat on is my little pride and joy, because I "saved" it from ruin! Here, people (especially the youth) tend to rent apartments and move a lot, because of work or study or family. And when they move, they often leave things behind, that would otherwise be too difficult to move around. They just dump them in the street for anyone to pick up (or to finish in the garbage). It was also the case of this Ikea coffer, whose only fault was a bit of dirt and dust gathered inside. So I took it, cleaned it, painted it white, added 2 red velvet pillows and a golden key decoration and turned it into a window bench / shoe deposit. Yup, now you also know where I stash my shoes. Some of them anyway. The rest are secretly hidden in a cave guarded by sphinx and you need to answer a riddle to get inside! :P    

Tidestore corset top, vintage skirt, self-made Elixium choker and gloves


You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. I love your style! The corset top is the coolest thing ever. xx

    ☾ www.liquoricepearls.com ☾

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW.. pretty amazing!

    http://rosdays.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC, Bloglovin & Google+? If interested, please let me know.

    http://lekcjamody.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. stylish and sexy, and yes, on a merry go round would have rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm constantly amazed how people manage to wear corsets. This suits you well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D That one is actually a "fashion corset". Meaning it has plastic boning and doesn't pull in to the point you can't breath anymore, it's a light wear. But I also have a sturdy one for waist training that really pulls in the waist.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Advertise

press

About Me