Weekend at Nantes - Part 1

June 04, 2014

Remember me telling you how I wanted to go to Paris last weekend but I couldn't? Well, I went somewhere else instead: to Nantes. Two hours on the train and there I was, closer to the ocean. The first day is also the story of how my crooked legs got to be on show when they weren't intended. Since me whining constantly about the rain and cold seems to have paid off (I think the gods were tired of hearing me and decided to give me a sunny day), by the time I got off the train and to the hotel, my feet were cooking in the black tights I had on. So off they went. Needless to say, long walk + no socks + closed shoes = omfg I have a huge sore blister on my pinky toe! Aaaand I pulled a Marilyn Monroe moment when I passed over a street vent. Whoops! Not many people around, thankfully!

Now back to the serious stuff, Nantes is a lovely city. Really big! I've said that I might move there after I finish university. Extra points for also being where HellFest is held. And there are so many places to see! My top favorites were the botanical park right across the street from the train station, Le Passage Pommeraye, which is this gorgeous shopping gallery with classical decor, huge columns and lots of victorian detail and finally, La Cigale, that you can not pass by without going in for a café gourmand or ice cream and to admire the breathtaking Art Nouveau decoration, it's truly as if you stepped back in time to the 1890s. 

LaChatterie peplum top, Romwe crimson velvet skirt, H&M scarf, New Look bag, vintage velvet blazer























You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Gorgeous photos, I never been there and you look so lovely in those burgundy shades! xo

    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Nantes, delicious photos. Hello dear stay in touch.

    Valentina.

    WWW.ZAGUFASHION.COM
    ZAGU FACEBOOK PAGE
    bloglovin follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your skirt! Caterina www.imieioutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look dear, love it!
    Big kiss!
    Passa a trovarmi VeryFP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely :)

    Love the photographs!

    xoJules
    http://forvanityssake.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful photos!!! :D
    You look so lovely and chic!
    xxx
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will bear that city in mind next time when I visit France I would love to go there. Love your outfit. That velvet skirt is gorgeous. Anyway, I just found your blog and really like it! Would you like to follow each other to stay in touch? Let me know :) xx
    Kiss me Sunday // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just followed back. Looking forward to upcoming giveaway :)

      Delete
  8. These pictures are gorgeous and I love your scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your visit. I am also follow you.
    http://lekcjamody.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful pics! Love your scarf and skirt
    xo

    http://tirateladimeno.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures and very cool outfit! Love the ankle boots.

    http://bellapummarola.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm totally digging the architecture and the deep velvet shade of your skirt. Also, what a cute way to tie a scarf! You look Parisian-chic, even if you didn't get to go.

    Brittney

    Another Beautiful Thing blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. fantastic pictures! i love your skirt

    http://emiliasalentoeffettomoda.altervista.org/my-colourful-summer-mosqito-stellina-fabbri/
    grazie
    Mari

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Advertise

press

About Me